Friday, June 18, 2010

First Entry


Okay, I bit the bullet and now I have to start writing. My skills are a little rusty, but hopefully with time they'll get better. I plan to keep you all informed about my crafty projects and my kids (hope you like dogs and cats).


A word about my title - Big Girl Baubles... it's actually the name of my Etsy shop and when I was talking about it with a friend of mine he asked if I was being degrading to myself. Well, despite the fact that I am a big girl, the title for the shop came more from the saying about "putting on your big girl panties and deal with it". My favorite phrase in college was, "Suck it up, camper" (I worked at a summer camp and there was a lot of whining) and the big girl panties thing seemed along the same lines. Now in retrospect I'm owning both aspects of "Big Girl"! So, back to the shop - I mainly sell jewelry and I love the word "bauble" so add it all up and you get where I'm coming from... hopefully.


Tonight I've been working on listing more of my jewelry on Etsy. I met a lot of great folks at Heroes Con in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago but I had forgotten my business cards. I ended up scribbling my shop address on lots of scrap paper; but even if they did go to my site there wasn't much listed (I had gotten a little disenchanted with Etsy lately). Anyway, I'm back in the saddle and listing my stuff and hopefully someone will find it.


So yeah, back to the blog - you'll learn very quickly I tend to ramble and write in a stream of consciousness, not that there's anything wrong with that, so hang on and enjoy the ride.

On tap for tomorrow - decoupage comic book bangle bracelets. I'll take some pics and post.

Okay, gotta run, dogs are barking at the neighbors. Hope you all have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! This is great, I will be able to see what you are working on! I am all about the rambling, so bring it! Can't wait to see what you are working on! I hope you have a great night and we need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete